In agreeing to the settlement, Kolcraft denies CPSC staff allegations that its play yards contained a defect which could create a substantial product hazard, or that it knowingly violated the reporting requirements of the Consumer Product Safety Act.
What does CPSA stand for?
CPSA stands for Consumer Product Safety Act
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of CPSA
We have 74 other meanings of CPSA in our Acronym Attic
- Chicago Paintball Sports Association
- Christchurch Polytechnic Students' Association (New Zealand)
- Church of the Province in South Africa
- Civil and Public Services Association
- Clay Pigeon Shooting Association (UK)
- College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta (Canada)
- College Preparatory School of America (Lombard, Illinois, USA)
- Colored Pencil Society of America
- Commission for Public Service Appointments (Ireland)
- Communist Party of South Africa
- Content Protection System Architecture
- Counter Proliferation and Strategic Analysis (US Treasury)
- Cuban Philatelic Society of America
- Cyber Protection Supply Arrangement (Canada)
- College Park Scholars Alumni Association
- Command Post Situational Awareness Activity
- Criminal Procedure Second Amendment Act (Zambia)
- Clevedon Pier Sea Angling Club (UK)
- Corporate and Public Strategy Advisory Group
- Child Protection Substance Abuse Initiative (Center for Family Services, Inc., Camden, NJ)
Samples in periodicals archive:
On a broader level, CPSIA also updated the Consumer Product Safety Act to expand the Consumer Product Safety Commission's (CPSC) staff and budget, substantially increase penalties for certain violations and establish a searchable public database of consumer-submitted product hazard complaints.
For example, the agency has jurisdiction over consumer products and children's products under the Consumer Product Safety Act and various fabric products under the Flammable Fabrics Act.
New legislation moving through Canada's House of Commons, such as the Consumer Product Safety Act introduced in 2008, could threaten people's access to EMPowerplus, a supplement that they have found helpful.
Product Recalls The Consumer Product Safety Act is set to take effect Feb.
When the commission found that an estimated 20 million Americans were injured annually by consumer products--and approximately 30,000 were killed--Congress established the CPSC when it passed the Consumer Product Safety Act of 1972.
Canada's Consumer Product Safety Act, C-52, will create prohibitions with respect to the manufacturing, importing, selling, advertising, packaging, and labelling of consumer products--with particular emphasis on those that are a danger to human health and/or safety.
In agreeing to settle the matter, Hamilton Beach denies that it violated the Consumer Product Safety Act under the allegations.