46) showed that sperm were sources of NO and constitutive nitric oxide synthase (NOS) which is present in two isoforms similar to those present in both endothelial (ecNOS) and brain (bNOS) cells.
What does cNOS stand for?
cNOS stands for Constitutive Nitric Oxide Synthase
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of cNOS
We have 22 other meanings of cNOS in our Acronym Attic
- Canadian Northern Railway Company
- Certified Nurse Operating Room
- Command Not Operationally Ready
- Clinical Negligence and Other Risks Indemnity Scheme (Scotland, UK)
- Center for National Origin, Race, and Sex Equity
- Canadian Nitric Oxide Society (Ontario, Canada)
- Catalytic Nitric Oxide Synthase
- Centro Nazionale Opere Salesiane (Italian: National Center for Salesian Works; Rome, Italy)
- Change Number of Sessions
- Communications Network Operating System
- Corporate Network Operating System
- Centrale Nationale des Organisations Syndicales de Base (French: National Co-ordinating Committee of Grass-roots Trade Union Organisations)
- CINC Network Operations and Security Capability
- Coalition Network Operations and Security Center
- Comité National Olympique et Sportif Français (French: French Olympic and Sports National Committee)
- Coordinamento Nazionale Organismi Sicurezza Stradale (Italian: National Road Safety Organizations; Italy)
- Coalition on New Office Technology (Boston, Massachusetts)
- Controlled-NOT (quantum gate)
- Centre National des Œuvres Universitaires et Scolaires (French)
- C-Type Natriuretic Peptide
Samples in periodicals archive:
An integrated evaluation of endothelial constitutive nitric oxide synthase polymorphisms and coronary artery disease in men.
METHODS AND RESULTS: We examined the effects of alpha-and gamma-tocopherol on constitutive nitric oxide synthase (cNOS) and superoxide dismutase (SOD) activity and protein expression in rats.
Association of a polymorphism of the endothelial constitutive nitric oxide synthase gene with myocardial infarction in the Japanese population.
Recent work has shown that constitutive nitric oxide synthase in endothelial cells in culture can generate large quantities of superoxide anions after addition of LDL to culture media (54).