A supporter of King Zahir Shah, he attended the Rome meeting, Bonn Conference, emergency Loya Jirga, constitutional Loya Jirga and last year's peace jirga.
What does CLJ stand for?
CLJ stands for Constitutional Loya Jirga
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of CLJ
We have 19 other meanings of CLJ in our Acronym Attic
- Camp La Junta (Texas)
- Capacity Limitation Jumper
- Centre de Loisirs des Jeunes (French: Youth Recreation Center)
- Charles Le Jeune (French fashion accessory company)
- Civil Law Judge
- Clapham Junction Station (UK railway station)
- Cluj, Romania - Cluj (Airport Code)
- Commercial Law Journal
- Conseil Local de la Jeunesse (French: Local Youth Council)
- Court of Limited Jurisdiction
- Crime, Law, and Justice
- Cyberspace Law Journal
- Closed-Loop Jumper Assembly
- College for Law & Justice Administration (Australia)
- Criminal Law and Judicial Advisory Unit (UN Department of Peacekeeping Operations)
- Casa Loma Jazz Band
- City Lights Just Burn (band)
- Central Lancashire Junior Football League (UK)
- Center for Law and Justice International (Catholic organization)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Following three weeks of often-contentious debate, the Constitutional Loya Jirga (grand council) approved the country's seventh constitution, by consensus rather than through a vote, on January 4, 2004.
The constitutional Loya Jirga will take place next month and presidential elections are to be held in June.
According to the timetable agreed upon by various Afghan factions, a constitutional loya jirga, or grand council, is to be convened by the end of the year and a new constitution adopted.