It appears as though DVD-R9 will continue to use a constant linear velocity (CLV) rotation technique to maximize the storage density on the disc surface.
What does CLV stand for?
CLV stands for Constant Linear Velocity
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CLV
We have 41 other meanings of CLV in our Acronym Attic
- Centro Liturgico Vincenziano (Italian: Vincentian Liturgical Centre)
- Christ's Love Vineyard Church (Pocatello, ID)
- Cira Las Vegas (band)
- City of Las Vegas (Nevada)
- Cloverdale (Amtrak station code: Cloverdale, CA)
- Communication sur le Lieu de Vente
- Compact Low-Voltage
- Composite Lab Value
- Crew Launch Vehicle
- Customer Lifetime Value (marketing)
- Collectionneurs Lyonnais de Véhicules Anciens (French: Collectors of Vintage Vehicles of Lyonnais; Lyonnais, France)
- Conseil Local de la Vie Associative (French: Local Council of Community Life)
- Conventional List Vitterbi Algorithm
- Consommation, du Logement et du Cadre de Vie (French: Consumer Affairs, Housing and Quality of Life)
- Cours La Ville Cyclisme (French: Ask Any City Cycling)
- Compensated Linear Vector Dipole (seismology)
- Comité de Lutte contre les Violences Faites (French: Committee to Combat Violence)
- Conejo/Las Virgenes Future Foundation (Thousand Oaks, CA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
CLV stands for Constant Linear Velocity, and means that the disc is read/written at a constant speed.
The Goldstar 16Xmax CD-ROM drives feature a Constant Angular Velocity (CAV) and Constant Linear Velocity (CLV) rotation method, which provides lower power consumption and less vibration, improving performance, according to the company.