Conservation of angular momentum is a fundamental property of nature, one that astronomers use to detect the presence of satellites circling distant planets.
What does COAM stand for?
COAM stands for Conservation of Angular Momentum (physics)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of COAM
We have 15 other meanings of COAM in our Acronym Attic
- Colorado Association of Law Libraries
- Cable Operations and Licensing System (FCC)
- Coalition of Aboriginal Legal Services (Australia)
- College of Agriculture and Life Sciences (Texas A&M University; College Station, TX)
- Connecticut Open Access Land Trust
- Chiltern Open Air Museum (Chalfont St Giles, Bucks, UK)
- Chlorite-Oxidized Oxyamylose
- Coin-operated Amusement Machine
- Colegio Oficial de Arquitectos de Madrid (Spanish: Official College of Architects of Madrid; Madrid, Spain)
- College of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
- Council of Agricultural Ministers (intergovernmental association)
- Customer Owned And Maintained
- China Orient Asset Management Corporation (est. 1999)
- Council on Aging of Martin County (Florida)
- Customer Owned And Maintained Equipment
- Commission on Accreditation for Marriage and Family Therapy Education
- Coupled Ocean/Atmosphere Mesoscale Prediction System
- Change of Address Notification (Canada Post Corporation)
- Comando de Aviación Naval (Spanish: Naval Aviation Command; Argentina)
- Comptroller Office Automation Network
Samples in periodicals archive:
Conservation of angular momentum requires the photon to possess a spin, as given by the present theory but not by the conventional one.