By far the easiest grounds for gaining conscientious objector status in wartime are Christian beliefs.
What does CONOBJTR stand for?
CONOBJTR stands for Conscientious Objector
This definition appears rarely
- Content Negotiations
- College Construction Loan Insurance Association
- Connecticut-Israel Exchange (Commission)
- Coalition of Nigerian NGOs on Health, Population and Development
- Connecticut Occupational Therapy Association
- Connecticut Sexual Assault Crisis Services, Inc.
- Robot Control based on Neural Network Systems
- City of New Orleans (Amtrak train; New Orleans, LA)
- Coalition of Neighborhood Organizations (Decatur, IL)
- Council of Neighbors and Organizations (Colorado Springs, CO)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Author: Simon Bahceli ANTI-militarist activists in the north yesterday succeeded in forcing the military to transfer a case involving a conscientious objector from a military to a 'constitutional' court.
Having fought on the front line in the Great War, he is appalled by butler Mr Pritchard's past as a conscientious objector in which class structures and relationships between master and servant are poised on the knife-edge of calamity.
Army to deny Muslim soldier, Naser Abdo's request for conscientious objector status, accusing him of 'treason' and urging the military to punish him to the full extent of the Uniform Code of Military Justice.
explores the role of several World War II-era conscientious objectors in exposing substandard conditions in psychiatric hospitals after performing civilian public service in these institutions.
Ness Edwards, MP for Caerphilly, was another conscientious objector who refused to bear arms.
Because although Aguayo met many of the requirements of a conscientious objector according to military policy, he failed to meet one important non-official requirement: his belief system wasn't Christian.
00 Paperback DS79 While serving in Iraq with the 320th Military Police Company of the US Army, Aidan Delgado's newfound adherence to Buddhism and his witness of abuses at Abu Ghraib led him to apply for and receive conscientious objector status and to later become an active participant in the anti-war movement.