A blacksmith by trade, he was awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor for extraordinary heroism in action at Franklin, Tennessee for capture of the Confederate flag.
What does CMOH stand for?
CMOH stands for Congressional Medal Of Honor
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of CMOH
We have 4 other meanings of CMOH in our Acronym Attic
- Center for Management and Organization Effectiveness
- Children's Museum of Evansville (Evansville, Indiana)
- Constrained Minimum Output Energy
- Centre Machines Outils France (machine tool supplier)
- Crowning Moment of Funny
- Corning Museum of Glass (New York)
- Cooperative Monterey Organic Geochemistry Study (California)
- Chief Medical Officer of Health (Canada)
- Commercial Bancshares Inc. OH
- Compline, Midnight Office and the Hours
- Crowning Moment of Heartwarming
- Canadian Museum of Hindu Civilization (Canada)
- Central Massachusetts Oral Health Initiative
- Commonwealth Mobile Oral Health Services, LLC
- Congressional Medal of Honor Society (Mt. Pleasant, SC)
- le Comité Mixte des Organismes Intéressés à la Géomatique (Inter-Agency Committee on Geomatics, Canada)
- Center for Computational Modelling of Language (Denmark)
- Center for Models of Life (University of Copenhagen; Denmark)
- CMIP Over LLC
- Common Managed Object Language
Samples in periodicals archive:
The act makes it a crime "to falsely claim receipt of military decorations or medals and provides an enhanced penalty if the Congressional Medal of Honor is involved.
1st Class Paul Ray Smith, who died in Operation Iraqi Freedom and was posthumously awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor.
Besides the Congressional Medal of Honor, the Ellis Island Medal of Honor is the only other award sanctioned by both houses of the United States Congress and recipients are listed in the Congressional Record.
Height, President of the National Council of Negro Women (NCNW) since 1957, and author of her memoir, Open Wide the Freedom Gales: A Memoir (Public Affairs, June 2003), has been selected for a Congressional Medal of Honor.
M2 BEST BOOKS-(C)2000-2003 M2 COMMUNICATIONS LTD A new book released in time for Veterans' Day tells the tales of those who have received the US military's highest award, the Congressional Medal of Honor, given for acts of extreme sacrifice and bravery.
General Joe Foss-Marine Corps ace, Congressional Medal of Honor recipient and former Governor of South Dakota--suffered a stroke in fall 2002 and passed away in January.