Not surprisingly, the Congress of South African Trade Unions (COSATU), one of the largest trade unions in the country representing some 2-million workers, embraced the news 6 with a caveat.
What does CSATU stand for?
CSATU stands for Congress of South African Trade Unions
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Comprehensive Sexual Abuse Treatment Program
- Comprehensive Substance Abuse Treatment Program
- Custom Specialized Application Training Professional
- Climb So As to Reach
- Computer Standards and Available Technology Report
- Center for Science and the Schools (Penn State University)
- Chrysler-Stewart and the Stewartesses (band)
- Crowd-Sourced Assessment of Technical Skills (surgical performance)
- Central and South Asia Transport and Trade Forum
- Contract Services Administration Training Trust Fund (Contract Services Administration Trust Fund program; Burbank, CA)
- Canadian Society of Atherosclerosism Thrombosis and Vascular Biology
- Child Support Accounting Unit (Oregon)
- Code Scaling, Applicability and Uncertainty
- Computer Society of Anna University (India)
- Chinese Students Association of the University of British Columbia (website)
- Chinese School Association in the United States
- Chartered Secretaries Australia Ltd (Sydney, NSW, Australia)
- Center for the Study of Active Volcanoes (University of Hawaii)
- Chief of Staff Aviation
- Chief Sanus Audio Visual (Milestone Audio Visual Technologies; Savage, MN)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Congress of South African Trade Unions said: "Get well and continue to inspire us.
The Congress of South African Trade Unions (Cosatu) said it filed seven-day strike notices on Thursday so that all its two million members could join the state workers strike, which they said would also target the mining and manufacturing sectors.
Moreover, the British Academic Union invited Bongani Masuku, the International Secretary of the Congress of South African Trade Unions, to explain the Congress's campaign against Israel.
The influential Congress of South African Trade Unions in particular, was in favour of loosening the treasury purse-strings and increasing spending on social and economic development programmes in a country with a roughly 25 per cent unemployment rate, by many calculations.
In the best tradition of labor solidarity, South African and Australian dockworkers responded by refusing to handle Israeli cargo, and the Congress of South African Trade Unions (COSATU) "call[ed] on other workers and unions to follow suit and to do all that is necessary to ensure that they boycott all goods to and from Israel until Palestine is free.
The Congress of South African Trade Unions did not want Mboweni's contract to be extended when it expired this month.