Doppler ultrasound, a more sensitive technology than conventional ultrasound, can detect congestive heart failure in a six-week-old embryo, according to a study based on results for 1,530 pregnant women.
What does CHF stand for?
CHF stands for Congestive Heart Failure
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CHF
We have 153 other meanings of CHF in our Acronym Attic
- Cold Hammer Forged (firearm barrels)
- Cold Hard Flash (Adobe Flash software)
- Colorado Health Foundation (Denver, CO)
- Common Humanitarian Fund (Sudan)
- Communication(s) Handling Facilities
- Community Health Facility (various organizations)
- Community Health Foundation (various locations)
- Computer Hardware Fundamentals (course)
- Confoederatio Helvetia Franc (Swiss national currency)
- Congenital Hepatic Fibrosis
Samples in periodicals archive:
While the World Health Organization has reported a decreasing trend in cardiovascular disease for several decades, it reports an increase in the incidence of congestive heart failure (CHF) which is often the end stage of cardiac disease.
Recently, Schwartz and Morris reported data from Detroit indicating that these easily breathed particles may be responsible for some share of the city's hospital admissions for congestive heart failure (SN: 7/1/95, p.