digs into "the second-option definitions of the words sermon and preach in the Concise Oxford English Dictionary," explaining his method as an "aid in redeeming important theological words and also spiritual practices from their negative connotations" (99).
What does COED stand for?
COED stands for Concise Oxford English Dictionary
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of COED
We have 14 other meanings of COED in our Acronym Attic
- Council Operations and Exercise Committee
- Outcomes of Educational and Clinical Approaches
- Chinese oil engineering-construction corporation
- City of Ely Community College (UK)
- Coordinadora de Organismos Empresariales de Comercio Exterior (Spanish: Coordinator for Foreign Trade Business Organizations, Mexico)
- Centre of Excellence for Coral Reef Studies (Australia)
- Commission on Education for the Deaf
- Committed, Obligated, Expended, Disbursed (government contracting)
- Computer Optimized Experimental Design
- Contents of Every Description (insurance)
- Cooperative Education
- Cooperative for Education (Cincinnati, Ohio)
- Council of Europe Development Bank (Paris, France; Council of Europe)
- Central Oregon Economic Development Council
- Central Oklahoma Economic Development District
- Centre of Excellence in Digital Design (UK)
- Coalition of Ethiopian Democratic Forces (Ethiopian People's Revolutionary Party)
- Children's Ohio Eligibility Determination Instrument
- Complejo Educativo de Desarrollo Integral (Spanish: Integral Development Educational Complex; Mexico)
Samples in periodicals archive:
It became even more widely used when football star Thierry Henry repeated it in a series of ads running between 2001 and 2004 - so much so that it earned a place in the Concise Oxford English Dictionary.
Just three years later, French striker, Thierry Henry, built on the phrase's cult status in his series of ads which ran from 2001 to 2004 and the phrase is now part of everyday speech and has a place in the Concise Oxford English dictionary.
com A U3 enabled flash memory drive pre-loaded with a digital version of the Concise Oxford English Dictionary is being launched by Clever-Stuff Limited, a digital consumer products company, and the Oxford University Press.
The common nouns supplement forms part of the revised eleventh edition of the Concise Oxford English Dictionary - viewed as the definitive guide to our evolving language - and is a byproduct of the Oxford English Corpus, which contains a billion words of our language.
The common nouns supplement in the revised eleventh edition of the Concise Oxford English Dictionary found 90% of the top 100 were one syllable nouns.
The pocket-sizedmarvel includes the entire contents of The Britannica Concise Encyclopedia, plus every entry from the latest editions of the Concise Oxford English Dictionary, Concise Oxford Thesaurus and Oxford Concise Dictionary of Quotations.
Byline: NICK HENEGAN FOOTBALL star Thierry Henry sexed up the phrase va va voom so beautifully in his TV adverts for Renault that it made it into the Concise Oxford English Dictionary yesterday.