Fox said she started advocating for animals after studying the environmental effects of concentrated animal feeding operations, or CAFOs.
What does CAFO stand for?
CAFO stands for Concentrated Animal Feeding Operation
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CAFO
We have 5 other meanings of CAFO in our Acronym Attic
- Clans are for Nerds (gaming clan)
- Complex Adaptive Functional Networks
- Cultural Arts Foundation North West (est. 1985; Poulsbo, WA)
- Catholic Action for Native America
- Coded Aperture Fast Neutron Analysis
- Cairns and Far North Environment Centre (Australia)
- College of Agriculture, Food, and Natural Resources
- Canadian Alliance of Franchise Operators
- Church Alliance for Orphans (Namibia)
- Command Accounting and Finance Office
- Confidential Admiralty Fleet Order (UK)
- Confined Animal Feeding Operation
- Consent Agreement and Final Order (law)
- Collectif des Associations et ONGs (Organisations Non Gouvernementales) Féminines du Burundi (French: Collective of Women's Associations and NGOs of Burundi)
- Centre Académique de Formation Continue (French: Academic Center for Continuing Education)
- Catholic Agency for Overseas Development
- Catholic Association for Overseas Development (London, England, UK)
- Central Africa Federation of the Disabled (Cameroon)
- Centre d'Animation et de Formation Pédagogique (French: Center for Animation and Educational Training; Côte d'Ivoire)
- Calar Alto Faint Object Spectrograph
Samples in periodicals archive:
District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia, AFBF says EPA is unlawfully narrowing the act's statutory exemption for agricultural storm water discharges resulting from normal farming operations, claiming the exemption does not apply to concentrated animal feeding operations (CAFOs), except for certain "land application areas" where crops are grown.
Concentrated animal feeding operations (CAFOs), or factory farms, are the most rapidly growing system of farm animal production.
Current enforcement priorities through 2010 focus on significant environmental problems, including pollution from stormwater runoff, air toxics, concentrated animal feeding operations, and mineral processing, the agency said.
Environmental Protection Agency has finalized a rule designed to protect the nation's water quality by requiring concentrated animal feeding operations to safely manage manure.
Scholars and practitioners of environmental law explore such aspects as the limits of statutory law and the wisdom of the common law, global warming as the ultimate public nuisance, perchloroethylene manufacturers pay to get their product out of public drinking water, and concentrated animal feeding operations and the common law.
GAO-08-944 September 4, 2008 Concentrated Animal Feeding Operations (CAFO) are large livestock and poultry operations that raise animals in a confined situation.
Topics examined include cruise ship pollution, MTBE in gasoline, EPA regulation of concentrated animal feeding operations (CAFOs), and EPA's response to the Waterkeeper Alliance court decision on regulation of CAFOs.