Saariaho developed techniques of computer-assisted composition, experimented with musique concrete, and with combining live performance with electronics.
What does CAC stand for?
CAC stands for Computer-Assisted Composition
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CAC
We have 909 other meanings of CAC in our Acronym Attic
- Compressor After Cooler
- Computer Aided Communication
- Computer Aided Crime
- Computer Applications Co., Ltd. (various locations)
- Computer Asset Controller
- Computer-Aided Characterization
- Computer-Aided Construction
- Computer-Aided Cost/Classification
- Computer-Assisted Cartography
- Computer-Assisted Coding
- Computers across the Curriculum (also seen as CATC; George Fox University; Newberg, OR)
- Computing Accreditation Commission (ABET)
- Computing Applications Center (New Mexico)
- Concord Automation and Controls
- Concrete Arch Culvert (civil engineering)
- Conditional Acceptance Certificate
- Conference Advisory Committee
- Conformity Assessment Certificate
- Connection Acceptance Control
- Connection Address Control
Samples in periodicals archive:
This means that I'm looking at the field of computer-assisted composition mainly as an instrument for processing data from spectral analysis and as a means for the more sophisticated exploitation of music by others (whether in sound or note form) and for work with the graphic representation of musical processes (graphs, curves).
The Algorithmic composer is the concluding volume of a trilogy in which Cope, who has long been one of the most thoughtful and innovative voices in the field of computer-assisted composition, traces his extensive explorations.