The gap between hardware and the software that runs it has reached a point where "we don't understand at a scientific level many of the things that we're now building," observes George Strawn, acting director for computer and information science and engineering at the National Science Foundation (NSF) in Arlington, Va.
What does CITS stand for?
CITS stands for Computer and Information Science (various schools)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CITS
We have 57 other meanings of CITS in our Acronym Attic
- Centro Internacional de Tecnologia de Software (Brazil)
- Chennai IT (Information Technology) Training Solutions Pvt. Ltd. (India)
- China International Travel Service
- Colorado Information Technology Services
- Combat Information Transport(ation) System
- Communication and Information Theory Symposium
- Communications Information Technology Section
- Complex Information Technology System
- Comprehensive Integrated Tariff System (Jordan)
- Comptroller Information Transfer System
- Computer and Information Technology Services (various schools)
- Computer, Information, and Telecommunication Systems (international conference)
- Corporate Information Technology Solutions (Tanzania)
- Counterintelligence Teams
- Cow in the Shaft (game)
- Creative Information Technology Solutions (various locations)
- Current Imaging Tunneling Spectroscopy
- Canberra Institute of Technology Students Association (Australia)
- Central Indiana Track Show Association
- Cybernetics and Information Technologies Systems and Applications (conference)
Samples in periodicals archive:
21) Several LIS schools have begun to offer courses or seminars specifically in medical or health informatics, and to attract cross-registrations from individuals pursuing fellowships in medicine or computer and information science to these courses.