The report further points out that computer incident response teams should be formed to intervene immediately in any possible information security problems that can emerge in public institutions.
What does CIRT stand for?
CIRT stands for Computer Incident Response Team
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of CIRT
We have 19 other meanings of CIRT in our Acronym Attic
- Center for International Relations and Strategic Studies (Philippines)
- Comitato Italiano Ricerche Studi Subacquei (Italian: Italian Committee for Underwater Research Studies)
- Center for Intelligent Robotic Systems for Space Exploration (Nasa research center)
- Consorzio Intercomunale Rifiuti Solidi Urbani (Italian: Intermunicipal Solid Waste Consortium; Teramo, Italy)
- Camara Nacional de La Industria de Radio y Television (Mexican Association of Broadcasters)
- Caribbean Imaging & Radiation Treatment Center, Inc
- Central Institute of Road Transport (Pune, India)
- Certificate in Recreation and Tourism
- Chiemgau Impact Research Team (Germany)
- Clerical Input and Review Team (Colorado)
- Construction Industry Roundtable (est. 1987)
- Contract Issues Resolution Team (US government)
- Controlled Impact Rescue Tool (Raytheon)
- Court-Based Intervention Resource Team (NY)
- Cranberry Isles Realty Trust (Islesford, ME)
- Critical Incident Response Team
- Center for Interuniversity Research on Telelearning Applications
- Central Indiana Regional Transportation Authority (mass transit; Indiana)
- CCEBMS (Collegiate Education of Black and other Minority Students) Instructional Review & Tutorial Services (University of Massachusetts)
- Combined Immunosuppression and Radiotherapy in Thyroid Eye Disease Trial (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Being in such a targeted industry as financial services, we must take all necessary precautions to ensure that our customers' sensitive data is not compromised," said Henry Gillard, a member of the Computer Incident Response Team at banking and payment technologies company, Metavante.
The Navy Computer Incident Response Team (NAVCIRT) received the SAS Enterprise Intelligence Award May 11 in Washington, D.
There needs to be some reason why private companies would participate and would pass information willingly to the government," says Higgins, whose background includes building computer incident response teams for the Department of Defense.
Frequently asked questions cover the procedures involved in handling an intrusion, and a listing of important phone numbers includes the Navy Computer Incident Response Team, which provides administrative support in the event of an intrusion, and the Intrusion Response Group, special agents who enforce violations of the law.