In the RA group, electrophysiologically diagnosed neuropathy was detected in 20 (36%) patients: 3 (5%) had sensorimotor polyneuropathy, 7 (13%) had low sural sensory CV or absence of sensory action potentials (SAP), 2 (4%) had carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS), 6 (11%) had low amplitude peroneal compound muscle action potentials, 1 (2%) had low amplitude peroneal compound muscle action potential and low ulnar sensory nerve conduction, and 1 (2%) had low sural and ulnar sensory nerve conduction.
What does CMAP stand for?
CMAP stands for Compound Muscle Action Potential (aka Compound Motor Action Potential; neurophysiology)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CMAP
We have 49 other meanings of CMAP in our Acronym Attic
- Country Music Association of Ontario (Canada)
- Court-Martial Appointing Order
- Central Maine Apartment Owners Association (Waterville, ME)
- Casualty and Mortuary Affairs Operation Center
- Cancer Molecular Analysis Project (US NIH)
- Character Map
- Chicago Metropolitan Agency for Planning (Chicago, IL)
- Climate Modeling, Analysis & Prediction (NSF)
- Coherent Multiarray Processing
- Combat Military Appreciation Process (Australian Army)
- Cover My Ass Partner
- Combat Martial Art Practitioners Association
- Centro Multidisciplinario de Atención Psicológica y Educativa (Spanish: Multidisciplinary Center of Psychological and Educational Care; Mexico)
- Communication Manager Application Program Interface (Avaya)
- Confidential Medical and Personal Statement (Public Sector Superannuation Scheme; Australia)
- Contract Maintenance Accounting and Production System
- Counter Man-Portable Air Defense System
- Center for Media Alternatives Quebec (Canada)
- Centres des Médias Alternatifs du Québec (French: Alternative Media Center of Quebec; Canada)
- Cockpit Management Attitudes Questionnaire
Samples in periodicals archive:
Neotrofin produced significant and dose-related increases in sensory nerve conduction velocity and compound muscle action potentials compared to rats treated with vincristine alone.
The high compound muscle action potential and low latency indices recorded in the hind limb muscles of NurOwn[TM] treated animals provided evidence that NurOwn[TM] preserved the myelinated motor axons and innervated peripheral muscles.