Breakout of components of end items permits the government to purchase the components directly from the manufacturer or supplier and furnish them to the end item manufacturer as government-furnished material for future acquisitions.
What does COEI stand for?
COEI stands for Components Of End Item
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of COEI
We have 7 other meanings of COEI in our Acronym Attic
- Cleveland Opportunities to End Hunger (Ohio)
- Committee on Environmental Health (American Academy of Pediatrics)
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Education and Health Professions
- Centre for Occupational and Environmental Health Research (South Africa)
- College of Education and Human Sciences
- Center for Occupational Employment Information (New Jersey)
- Center on Entrepreneurial Innovation (Independent Institute; Oakland, CA)
- Central Office Equipment Installation (telecommunications)
- Coastal and Offshore Engineering Institute (Universiti Teknologi Malaysia; Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia)
- Composition of Ending Inventory
- Combined Operational Effectiveness Investment Appraisal tool
- Col.legi Oficial d'enginyeria En Informàtica de Catalunya (Catalonia)
- Components of End Item List
- COE Installer
- Central Office Equipment Installation Technician (job title)
- College of Engineering and Information Technology
- Center of Excellence in Information Technology & Telecommunications
- Council of European Jamaats (UK)
- Coalition on the Environment and Jewish Life
Samples in periodicals archive:
Several other proposed rules are a result of the Defense Department's initiative to update and transform the DFARS: DFARS Case 2003-D071: proposed rule to remove procedures for breaking out components of end items for future acquisitions.
The components of end items usually can be found in the technical manual (TM), and SKOs can be found in the supply catalog (SC) that covers a specific piece of equipment.
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] Components of End Item (COEI) are part of the end item, but are removed and packed separately for transportation or shipment.
When the six-month service is due, make sure you turn in a completed green tag, DA Form 1577-2, along with the carrying case that contains all of the components of end item as described in Appendix B of the operator's manual.