Consensual Mr Temple had said in that hearing: "What started out as a consensual relationship with the defendant's friend ended up with the defendant raping the complaining witness.
What does C/W stand for?
C/W stands for Complaining Witness
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of C/W
We have 56 other meanings of C/W in our Acronym Attic
- Compass/Vertical Angle Measurement
- Clarion/Venango Educational Resources Alliance
- Carrier Wave
- Celsius per Watt (thermal resistance)
- Chilled Water
- Come With
- Committee of the Whole House on the State of the Union (parliamentary sitting of the US House)
- Compatible With
Samples in periodicals archive:
After an extensive investigation, it is clear that proof of two critical elements - force and lack of consent, would rest solely on the testimony of the complaining witness at trial," prosecutors wrote in their recommendation.
Strauss-Kahn s attorneys or representatives are in contact with the complaining witness or her family are false," Benjamin Brafman and William Taylor said in a statement.
5) Thus, if a complaining witness testifies that on the morning of the alleged rape she had oatmeal for breakfast, defense counsel would probably not be permitted to use impeachment by contradiction to demonstrate that the witness actually had cornflakes.
75 Policy on Review of Continuing Complaints Summary: New policy, codifying procedures and policies regarding the review of closed inquiries and disciplinary files when further action is requested by a complaining witness or other individual.
6) Since a complaining witness was accorded only qualified immunity at common law(7) and no policy concerns justified extending absolute immunity to a prosecutor for such an action,(8) the Court declined to accord absolute immunity to the prosecutor in Kalina for attesting to facts.