It is essential that a competition of ideas is maintained in developing new military technologies, so that new advances can be harnessed for the maximum effective usage on the battlefields of the future.
What does COI stand for?
COI stands for Competition of Ideas (Ministry of Defense; UK)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of COI
We have 147 other meanings of COI in our Acronym Attic
- Commission Océanographique Intergouvernementale (French: Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission; UNESCO)
- Commission of Integrity (Iraq)
- Committee on Information
- Committee on Infrastructure (India)
- Committee on Instruction
- Communications Operating Instruction
- Community of Influence (real estate)
- Community of Interest
- Community Options Inc.
- Community Outreach, Inc. (Oregon)
- Complément d'Objet Indirect (French: Indirect Object; grammar)
- Composite Optics Inc.
- Compound of Interest
- Cone of Influence (symbolic model checking procedure)
- Confirmed Opt-In (email mailing list regiatration confirmation procedure)
- Conflict Of Interest
- Congregation of Israel
- Connersville (Amtrak station code; Connersville, IN)
- Consent of Instructor (coursework authorization)
- Consiglio Oleicolo Internazionale (Italian: International Olive Oil Council)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Contract award: Competition of ideas for the study of ideational proposals for the redevelopment and restoration with a change of intended use of the "Tour de Conoz" and the "Tour d~Emarese", as well as the redevelopment of the commonly called "old cemetery.
Certifying that some thought is 'correct' and other is not enables those who are 'correct' thinkers to avoid free and fair competition of ideas by threats and intimidation.
A party is considered as successful if it has quality cadre and free competition of ideas and views, says Emin Azemi in Tuesday's commentary.
The End of Arrogance: America in the Global Competition of Ideas.
Pakistan, June 12 -- The exchange and competition of ideas happens through mediums, they do not appear in a social vacuum and literature is one of the most important mediums for the propagation of ideas.
The medium of television has a unique ability at election time to bring the competition of ideas, which is at the heart of the democratic system, into the living room of every voter in the country.