Photos show the fast Harrison cargo-liner SS Politician which, due to compass error, was wrecked off a Scottish island while carrying pounds 250,000 worth of whisky and bank notes.
What does CE stand for?
CE stands for Compass Error
This definition appears frequently
See other definitions of CE
We have 138 other meanings of CE in our Acronym Attic
- Common Era (substitute for AD)
- Communauté Européenne (French: European Community)
- Communications Electronics
- Communications Element
- Communications Engineering, Inc.
- Communications Enhancement (various organizations)
- Communications Equipment
- Community Edition (software)
- Commutator End
- Compact Edition
Samples in periodicals archive:
The class features basic navigation, which includes: international code signaling, beach markers, fire fighting, navigational math, predicting tides, tidal currents, magnetic compass, compass error, marlinespike seamanship, piloting, navigation rules and watercraft operations.
New titles among the Penguin Modern Classics series include: Sybille Bedford's A Compass Error ([pound]6.