Taylor is associate professor of Comparative Media Studies at Massachusetts Institute of Technology and co-author of "Ethnography and Virtual Worlds: A Handbook of Method"; lecture subtitle is "Exploring Gender and Professional E-sports"; free.
What does CMS stand for?
CMS stands for Comparative Media Studies
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CMS
We have 1152 other meanings of CMS in our Acronym Attic
- Communications Management Series
- Communications Management System
- Communications Material Security
- Communications Security Material System
- Community Management Staff
- Community Mediation Services
- Community Music School (various locations)
- Community Security Materiel System (US DoD)
- Compact Muon Solenoid (experiment at the CERN physics laboratory)
- Compact Muon Spectrometer
- Compensation Management Specialist
- Competency Management System (NASA)
- Competitive Marketing Services (various locations)
- Compiler Monitor System
- Complete Matched Set (philately)
- Completions Management System
- Compliance Management Services (various organizations)
- Component Maintenance Squadron
- Component Monitoring System
- Composant Monté en Surface (French: Surface Mounted Component)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Henry Jenkins, MIT's DeFlorz Professor of Humanities, director of Comparative Media Studies, one of the founders and directors of The Education Arcade and the principle investigator for the MIT-Microsoft Games-to-Teach project.
Henry Jenkins, the director of comparative media studies at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, recently exchanged notes on Buffy with his 19-year-old son.
Henry Jenkins, the Peter de Florez professor of humanities and co-director of comparative media studies at MIT, will discuss "Talking Snowmen, Moose Stew, and the 3 a.