Over the years, CIRC collaboratives have evolved to include community health information systems and social service and health policy.
What does CHIS stand for?
CHIS stands for Community Health Information System
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CHIS
We have 21 other meanings of CHIS in our Acronym Attic
- Children's Hospital Injury Research and Prevention Program (Canada)
- Computer Hardware Inventory and Repair Processing System
- Confidential Human Factors Reporting System (UK)
- Community Head Injury Resource Services (Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
- Community Health Intensity Rate Scale
- Community Housing Information and Reference Services (Australia)
- Consumer Health Information Resource Service (est. 1985; Nebraska)
- California Health Interview Survey (University of California, Los Angeles; Center for Health Policy Research; Los Angeles, CA)
- Channel Islands National Park (US National Park Service)
- Chiapas (Estado de México)
- Consumer Health Information Service (Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
- Covert Human Intelligence Source (Crown Prosecution Service; UK)
- Committee for Health in Southern Africa (est. 1984)
- Cedar Hill Independent School District (Cedar Hill, Texas)
- Channel Initiated Secondary Electron (semiconductors)
- Computer Human Interaction and Software Engineering Lab (University of Victoria; Canada)
- Computer Human Interaction Special Interest Group
- Chicago White Sox (baseball team)
- Carolina Hispanic Association
- Center for Hispanic Policy and Advocacy (Providence, RI)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Philly Health Info (PHI) is both a community health information system and a user-friendly Internet portal (www.
 Performance monitoring has evolved over the past 20 years and has been termed in the literature as: Community Health Monitoring Systems (CHMS), Community Health Information Networks (CHINs), Community Health Information Management Systems, Community Health Information Systems (CHIS), Community Health Report Cards, Community Care Networks, and Health Information Networks,  among other derivative appellations with a similar focus on community health.