He said: "Alternative sources of credit funding include credit unions and community development finance initiatives which can be accessed via Thrive.
What does CDFI stand for?
CDFI stands for Community Development Finance Initiative (various communities)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CDFI
We have 14 other meanings of CDFI in our Acronym Attic
- Career Day for Girls
- China Duty Free Group Co. Ltd. (Zhongmian Parent Company)
- Control and Data Flow Graph
- Control Data Flow Graph (graph to schedule memory accesses and operations for hardware design)
- Cryptology, Designs and Finite Groups
- China Development Financial Holding Corporation (Taiwan)
- Career Development Facilitator Instructor (South Carolina)
- Caspar David Friedrich Instituts (German: Caspar David Friedrich Institute; Greifswald, Germany)
- Center for the Development of Functional Imaging (University of Alabama at Birmingham; Birmingham, AL)
- Color Doppler Flow Imaging
- Community Development Financial Institutions
- Community Development Financial Institutions Fund
- Center for Designing Foods to Improve Nutrition (Iowa State University)
- Center for Defending Freedom of Journalists (Jordan)
- Champion De France Junior
- College Doctoral Franco-Japonais (French: Franco-Japanese Doctoral College)
- Cambridge District Friendly League (Cambridge, England, UK)
- Chester and District Football League (UK)
- Cholamandalam DBS Finance Ltd. (Chennai, India)
- Colac and District Football League (Australia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
With this in mind, contributors to the conference ranged from Funding Circle Online Marketplace - an organisation which aims to sidestep the banks by quickly linking investors with businesses, and representatives from community development finance initiatives, as well the Wales Business Angel Network.
What's happened is we provide funding to community development finance initiatives (CDFIs) like these through a thing called the advantage small loan programme that's due to finish at the end of this calendar year.
For instance, Advantage West Midlands, in its role as regional champion, should be seeking to influence government policy to allow community development finance initiatives, with a successful history of lending to minority owned businesses, to be able to deliver the Small Firms Loan Guarantee Scheme.