The Chamber of Commerce, Braudy submits, was responding to several postwar threats to the film industry: government investigations into alleged communist infiltration of the film community and the emergence of a powerful new rival in television.
What does COMINFIL stand for?
COMINFIL stands for Communist Infiltration (FBI surveillance project)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Corpus of Mycenaean Inscriptions from Knossos (ancient Aegean tablets)
- Commandant Militaire (French)
- Computer Integrated Learning
- Coherent Optical Multiple-Input Multiple-Output
- Council of Ministers
- Conference of Ministers of Information of Non-Aligned Countries
- Compagnie Minière d'Akouta (French)
- Commander in Chief
- Consolidated Mining and Smelting Company of Canada
- Commander, Mine Warfare Command
- Communications Intelligence
- Communications Intercept (less common)
- Communications Intelligence Advisory Tasking Message
- Communist International (Also CI or Third International)
- Communications Intelligence Report
- Communications Intelligence Summary
- Council on Mentally Ill Offenders (California)
- Committee On Imagery Requirements & Exploitation
- Chancellor's Office Management Information System (California Community Colleges)
- COmission Ministérielle de l'Informatique de Santé
Samples in periodicals archive:
Evans also accuses the Department of Justice in the late 1940s of covering up the extent and true nature of communist infiltration of the U.
I believe that the greater threat facing Rhodesia is that which is facing the whole of Africa - the threat of Communist infiltration.
Karsh's visual configuration of communist infiltration relies upon a broader cultural context established by Hollywood spy thrillers, and seems unable to contain fully the rhetorical heights of the text, which declares that "'peace' shall come only with total Communist victory regardless of morals, people and human decency.
I took a look back at what was making the headlines in your favourite newspaper in October 1961 and found we were worried about babies'' milk because of H-bomb tests, unions because of communist infiltration, pre-fabs collapsing and, like today, thousands losing their jobs.
Following the March 1970 overthrow of Cambodia's head of state, Prince Norodom Sihanouk, 'the nature of Communist infiltration intensified.
A decade of investigations into Communist infiltration in government and Hollywood follows.
Kaplan, whose father had spent his career fighting communist infiltration into the International Ladies Garment Workers Union, was cleared a week later.