Franchise fees imposed by local governments, except those franchise fees already collected through the Communications Services Tax and permitting fees collected for the use of the right-of-way are prohibited under the bill.
What does CST stand for?
CST stands for Communications Services Tax (various locations)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Military and Government
See other definitions of CST
We have 570 other meanings of CST in our Acronym Attic
- Combinatorial Set Theory (mathematics)
- Combined Statistical and Technology (based MACT floor procedure)
- Combined System Test
- Combined Systems Test (NASA)
- Comma Separated Table
- Command Specification Time
- Commission Supérieure Technique de l'Image et du Son (French audio-visual professionals association)
- Common Operational Picture (COP) Synchronization Tools
- Common Spanning Tree (Cisco)
- Common Specialist Training
- Communications Subtest
- Communications Support Team (USAF)
- Community Security Trust (Jewish defense group in UK)
- Community Support Team
- Compagnie Sucrière du Tchad (French: Chad Sugar Company; Chad)
- Competency to Stand Trial (jurisprudence)
- Competitively Sensitive Technology
- Computer Science and Technology
- Computer Science Tripos (University of Cambridge)
- Computer Security Team (various organizations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Florida Department of Revenue (DOR) is considering whether digital subscriber line (DSL) services are taxable under the Florida Communications Services Tax Simplification Act (CST).
CS/SB 2070--Communications Services The bill repeals the tax on substitute communications systems and provides that the Department of Revenue will not assess this tax back to October 1, 2001, when the communications services tax was implemented.
A new state law will require businesses that collected more than $30,000 in the last year in sales, fuel or communications services tax from their customers to file and pay their tax returns electronically.