Dr Roland Salmon, consultant epidemiologist and director of the Communicable Disease Surveillance Centre at Public Health Wales, said that the increase had come as a surprise.
What does CDSC stand for?
CDSC stands for Communicable Disease Surveillance Centre
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CDSC
We have 31 other meanings of CDSC in our Acronym Attic
- Centre for Design and Structure in Biology (Institute for Molecular Biotechnology; Jena, Germany)
- Civil Defence Shelter Bureau
- Climate Disclosure Standards Board
- County Disability Services Board (Virginia)
- College of Dental Surgeons of British Columbia (Canada)
- Catholic District School Board of Eastern Ontario (Canada)
- Casa Da Saudade Branch Library (New Bedford, MA)
- Cable Distribution and Switching Center
- Campus Development and Space Committee (Florida State University)
- Combat Data System Center
- Communications Distribution and Switching Center (NASA)
- Connecticut Down Syndrome Congress
- Contingent Deferred Sales Charge
- Custom Data Services Cabinet (4ESS)
- Community Development Society of Calgary and Area (Canada)
- Community Development, Sport and Cultural Affairs (Australia)
- Canberra Deep Space Communications Complex
- Communicable Disease Surveillance Centre Northern Ireland (Belfast, Ireland, UK)
- Central Drugs Standard Control Organization (India)
- Cell Directory Service Command Program
Samples in periodicals archive:
Dr Roland Salmon, the director of Public Health Wales' communicable disease surveillance centre, said the development of a mutant, vaccine-resistant strain of bird flu should not cause alarm.
As at noon on December 30 also, 11 people were hospitalised in Wales in connection with swine flu Dr Roland Salmon, Director of the Communicable Disease Surveillance Centre, National Public Health Service for Wales, said: "People with flu-like symptoms should stay at home, observe good respiratory and hand hygiene and stay away from GP surgeries, Accident and Emergency departments and pharmacies unless advised to attend.
He said experts from the Communicable Disease Surveillance Centre were being called in.
A spokesman for the Health Protection Agency in Newcastle said: "As this is a national outbreak, further investigations are being co-ordinated by the Communicable Disease Surveillance Centre in London.
Latest figures from the Communicable Disease Surveillance Centre show there were nine cases of measles recorded in the Midlands in 2002.
HPA Communicable Disease Surveillance Centre director Prof Angus Nicoll said he was confident Britain could cope.
Dr Brian Smith of the Communicable Disease Surveillance Centre in Belfast, warned the public not be complacent.