The workshop will update the focal points on the surveillance and outbreaks control of communicable diseases in order to prevent the spread of the diseases and to lessen the burden of illness on public health and the industry.
What does COMDIS stand for?
COMDIS stands for Communicable Disease
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Commander Destroyer Force Atlantic
- Commander US Destroyer Group
- Commander, Destroyer Group
- Commander, Destroyer Force, Atlantic (US Navy)
- Commander Destroyer Squadron
- Commander Destroyer Squadron Seven
- Combat Developer (military acquisition process)
- Component Development
- Computer Dealers Exposition
Samples in periodicals archive:
00 RC112 Published as Communicable Diseases Epidemiology and Control from 1996 to 2009, the reference has been renamed and updated to incorporate both the science and the experience with communicable disease worldwide, particularly the declaration of A(H1N1) influenza--swine flu--as a pandemic in 2010 and steady progress against it since then.
Azad emphasized that Non Communicable Diseases are not only a health issue, but also a development issue as they impact productivity and also impoverish the society due to high health expenditures.
Communicable Disease Epidemiology and Control: A Global Perspective.
9781845935047 Communicable disease epidemiology and control; a global perspective, 3d ed.
Starting in 1987, the infection--like AIDS--was listed as a communicable disease of public health significance, making infected people ineligible to receive U.
ISLAMABAD, May 02, 2009 (Balochistan Times) -- A consultative meeting held here on Saturday gave final shape to the formation of National Commission on the Non Communicable Diseases which is on the cards.
16) However, given the short time-lag between exposure and occurrence, communicable disease epidemics can develop very fast with the potential of endangering the health of large populations across countries.