If you are learning a foreign language, it is helpful to become familiar with the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) material available.
What does CEFR stand for?
CEFR stands for Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CEFR
We have 4 other meanings of CEFR in our Acronym Attic
- Colorado Economic Futures Panel (University of Denver; Colorado)
- Comprehensive Educational Facilities Plans (various locations)
- Council on Economic and Fiscal Policy (Japan)
- Centre Privé Européen de Formation à la Production de Films
- Clean Energy Financing Partnership Facility (Asian Development Bank)
- Centre de Formation pour l'Immobilier (French: Training Center for Real Estate; Paris, France)
- Council of Educational Facility Planners International (Scottsdale, AZ)
- Centro de Estudios Fronterizos y de Promoción de los Derechos Humanos, AC (Spanish: Center for Border Studies and the Promotion of Human Rights; Mexico)
- Center for the Expansion of Fundamental Rights (animal rights; Coral Springs, FL)
- Chinese Experimental Fast Reactor (nuclear energy)
- Centre Français de l'Anticorrosion (French: French Center of Corrosion Protection; Paris, France)
- Centro de Información y Realización Cinematográfica (Spanish: Center for Information and Film Making; Bolivia)
- Centre de Formation et de Recherche Éducative et Sociale (French: Center for Educational and Social Training and Research; Nantes, France)
- Centre Français d'Etudes en Sciences Sociales (French: French Center for Studies in Social Sciences; Prague, Czech Republic)
- Cercle Francophone de Recherche et d'Information Carl Gustav Jung (French: Francophone Circle of Carl Gustav Jung Research and Information)
- Comité Français de Certification des Entreprises pour la Formation du Personnel Travaillant Sous Rayonnements Ionisants (French: French Committee for the Certification of Companies for the Training of Personnel Working with Ionizing Radiation; est. 1990)
- Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
- Center for Economic and Financial Research and Studies
- Center for Environmental Farming Systems (North Carolina)
- Central East Farm Supply (wholesale company; Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
language needs addressed within this framework correspond to the general level of "basic user" (general level) defined by the common european framework of reference for languages ?
Switzerland holds a unique position among the highly developed economies and democracies of Europe: It is situated outside the European Union (EU), yet strongly influences EU policies, and has especially influenced the development of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages in learning, teaching and assessment (CEFR, cf.
The ELP constitutes a practical application of the Common European Framework of Reference for languages as prescribed by the European Counsel of Languages; a reference which amongst other things, provides a scale of evaluation of the general competence of a learner.