The arrays also come with Sun StorageTek Common Array Manager software, which allows administrators to manage any Sun storage system from one console.
What does CAM stand for?
CAM stands for Common Array Manager (EMC Corp.)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of CAM
We have 647 other meanings of CAM in our Acronym Attic
- Columbia Aircraft Manufacturing (now Cessna)
- Combat Air Museum (Topeka, Kansas)
- Comité d'Aide Medicale
- Commercial Air Movement
- Commercial Air Movement Number
- Commodity Area Manager
- Common Access Method
- Common Account Maintenance (student loans)
- Common Area Maintenance
- Common Area Maintenance (real estate)
- Common Aviation Maintenance
- Communauté d'Agglomération du Muretain (French: Agglomeration Community of Muret; Muret, France)
- Communication Access Method
- Communication Advertising & Marketing Society
- Communications Asset Monitoring (satellite communications)
- Communications, Advertising, Marketing
- Community Action Marin (San Rafael, CA)
- Community Association Manager (Community Associations Institute )
- Community Atmosphere Model (University Corporation for Atmospheric Research)
- Compagnie des Autobus de Monaco (French: Monaco Bus Company; Monaco)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Product features include: Application-oriented provisioning using Sun's StorageTek(TM) Common Array Manager (CAM); support for either FC or SAS host interfaces; small footprint at six drives-per rack unit; reliable data protection with a fully redundant RAID; and remote connection to Sun Service.
The new Sun Storage 6580 and 6780 arrays are ideal for midrange and high-end enterprise and throughput-intensive workloads that target database and enterprise-email applications and add intuitive, enterprise management tools at no cost through the Sun StorageTek(TM) Common Array Manager software.
Previously supporting storage from HP, HDS, SUN, IBM, and StorageTek, the Common Array Manager device management software now also supports arrays from Network Appliance.