The common admission test is perhaps the toughest of its kind that makes aspirants eligible for a seat at some of the country's coveted management institutes.
What does CAT stand for?
CAT stands for Common Admission Test (India)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of CAT
We have 904 other meanings of CAT in our Acronym Attic
- Combining Context with Trust, Security and Privacy (workshop)
- Comitê de Assessoramento Técnico (Portuguese: Technical Advisory Committee)
- Command Action Team
- Commercial Activity Tax (Ohio)
- Commercial Air Transport
- Committee against Torture (UN)
- Committee for Advanced Therapies (EU)
- Committee of Anaesthetists in Training of Sheffield
- Committee on Applications and Technology
- Commodity Action Team
- Common Aptitude Test
- Common Assessment Task
- Common Authentication Technology (IETF)
- Communauté de l'Agglomération Troyenne (French: Community of Troyes; now Communauté du Grand Troyes)
- Communications Assist Team
- Communications Assistance Center
- Community Action Team
- Community-Aided Transport (public transporation; UK)
- Compact Audio Technology
- Compagnie Armoricaine de Transport (French: Armoricaine Transport Company; various locations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Contract Awarded for Conduct the Common Admission Test (CAT) for the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) from this year
New Delhi, May 1 ( ANI ): The Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) have announced the dates for the Common Admission Test 2013 (CAT 2013) for admissions to top management institutes in the country.
Engineer Dinesh Negi first thought of having a go at the CAT, the common admission test for the Indian Institutes of Management, in 2004 while working in a software firm.
The number of students registered for Common Admission Test (CAT) for admissions into management schools in 2008 was about 290,000 compared with 230,000 in 2007.
Unlike the IIMs that have tied up with a single vendor Prometric for holding the Common Admission Test ( CAT) online, the IITs are attempting to bring in multiple vendors for the JEE Advanced.
Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) from this year will conduct the Common Admission Test (CAT) for the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs).
New Delhi, Dec 16 (ANI): Displeased over thousands of students failing to write the Common Admission Test (CAT) on account of technical problems, the Human Resource Development (HRD) Ministry has today called for a meeting of all IIM directors to discuss the issue and express its concerns.