The Committee on the Status of Endangered Wildlife in Canada (COSEWIC) "has reassessed the polar bear as a species of special concern .
What does COSEWIC stand for?
COSEWIC stands for Committee on the Status of Endangered Wildlife in Canada
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
We have 2 other meanings of COSEWIC in our Acronym Attic
- Committee on Special Educational Projects (Cornell University; New York)
- Comité sur la Situation des Espèces en Péril au Canada (French: Committee on the Status of Endangered Wildlife in Canada)
- Committee On Science, Engineering and Public Policy (AAAS)
- Committee on Science, Engineering & Public Policy
- Convocation on Enhancing the Postdoctoral Experience for Scientists and Engineers
- Central Ohio Special Education Regional Resource Center (now the State Support Team Region 11)
- Computer Science and Engineering Research Study
- Coastal Observing System for the Eastern South Pacific Ocean (UNESCO planned installation)
- Constructing Software Engineering Tools (symposium)
- Committee on the Status of Endangered Wildlife (Canada)
- Capital Outlay Stabilization Fund (Arizona)
- CGI (Common Gateway Interface) Open Source Federation
- Child Outcomes Summary Form (various locations)
- Children of Sikkim Foundation (orphaned children fund)
- City of San Francisco (California)
- Conejo Open Space Foundation (est. 1995; Thousand Oaks, CA)
- Council of Saskatchewan Forest Industries (Canada)
- Cambridge Occupational Safety Group (UK)
- Coming Out Support Group (University at Buffalo; Buffalo, NY)
- Committee on Seismology and Geodynamics
Samples in periodicals archive:
In 1978, the Committee On the Status of Endangered Wildlife In Canada (COSEWIC) classified the swift fox as extirpated in Canada.