The secretive process by which Muckaty was chosen is out of step with growing international support for genuine community consultation and consent in decisions about nuclear facilities, articulated in this way by the UK Committee on Radioactive Waste Management in 2007: [ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] "There is growing recognition that it is ethically unacceptable to impose a radioactive waste facility on an unwilling community".
What does CoRWM stand for?
CoRWM stands for Committee on Radioactive Waste Management (UK)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of CoRWM in our Acronym Attic
- Component Overhaul-Repair Tracking System
- Computer Outlook Radio Talk Show (Las Vegas, NV)
- Contractor Resources Tracking System
- Clinical Operational Research Unit
- Coordinadora de Organizaciones Revolucionarias Unidas (Coordination of United Revolutionary Organizations)
- California Off Road Vehicle Association (Sacramento, CA)
- CORBA Validation
- Coordinating Operational Resources for Voice Exploitation Technology (Candidate proposal in the Joint Capability Technology Demonstration Program)
- Cult of Ruthless World Domination
- Cash Out Review Working Group (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Yet Defra's own position, which claims to be founded on the Committee on Radioactive Waste Management (CoRWM) report, is also political.
Phased disposal in a deep geological repository was recommended by the Committee on Radioactive Waste Management (CoRWM) in its report in July 2006.
The Committee on Radioactive Waste Management (CoRWM) is inviting people to express their opinions at an open meeting in Hartlepool tomorrow.
The Committee on Radioactive Waste Management (CoRWM) was set up to advise Government on a long-term solution to deal with the waste.