The Committee on Jewish Law and Standards, which interprets religious law for the Conservative Jewish movement, voted last month to allow the ordination of gay rabbis and the blessing of same-sex unions, while retaining the ban on male homosexual sex, but final approval is left to local congregations and seminaries.
What does CJLS stand for?
CJLS stands for Committee on Jewish Law and Standards
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CJLS
- Commander Joint Logistics Command (Australia)
- Commander Joint Logistics Group (Australia)
- Center for Juvenile Law and Policy (Los Angeles, CA)
- Claremont Journal of Law and Public Policy (Claremont College student journal)
- Cornell Journal of Law and Public Policy
- Carrefour Jeunesse Longueuil Rive-Sud (French; Longueuil, Quebec, Canada)
- Canadian Journal of Law and Society (Carleton University; Canada)
- Central Japanese Language School (Tokyo, Japan)
- Central Jersey Legal Services (various locations)
- Columbus Japanese Language School (Columbus, OH)
- Criminal Justice and Legal Studies (coursework; various universities)
- Central Japan Lung Study Group (respiratory medicine)
- Columbia Journal of Law and Social Problems
- Canadian Journal of Law and Technology
- Canadian Journal of Learning and Technology
- Chinese Journal of Low Temperature Physics
- Canadian Journal of Mathematics
- Centre Jeunes et Métiers (French youth education center)
- Certified Jail Manager (American Jail Organization)
- Chantiers Jeunesse Maroc (French: Building Youth Morocco; Morocco; est. 1961)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Judy Yudof, lay president of the United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism, broached the subject to the Committee on Jewish Law and Standards of the Rabbinical Assembly, which will consider it in March.
This volume collects examples of the second type, responsa, that were prepared for the Committee on Jewish Law and Standards of the Rabbinical Assembly of Conservative Judaism.