Because of the state's high number of child maltreatment cases, and a particularly shocking 2005 case in which 11-year-old Haleigh Poutre was beaten into a coma allegedly by her adoptive parents, the state Legislature recently formed the House Committee on Child Abuse and Neglect.
What does COCAN stand for?
COCAN stands for Committee on Child Abuse and Neglect (Illinois Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of COCAN in our Acronym Attic
- Central Ohio Chapter of the Association for Computing Machinery
- Cabinet Office and Central Advisory Division (UK Treasury Solicitors Department)
- Coalition of Communities Against Drugs (Dublin, Ireland)
- Chinese Olympic Committee Anti-Doping Commission
- Colorado Coalition of Adoptive Families (Louisville, CO)
- Cost of Care in Atrial Fibrillation (economic study)
- Central Office Code Assignment Guidelines (North American Numbering Plan)
- Coalition of Contingent Academic Labor (conference; Canada)
- Conference on Contingent Academic Labor
- Tropics of Cochabamba
- Council of Chief Academic Officers
- Collective Campaign for Peace (Nepal)
- Committee on Child and Adolescent Psychoanalysis (Germany)
- Central Oregon Coast Amateur Radio Club
- Cabinet Oversight Committee on Anti-Smuggling (Philippines)
- Central Oregon Coast Air Services (South Beach, OR)
- Cocinas de Centro América Sociedad Anónima (Guatemala)
- Central Ontario Community Builders (Canada)
- Chip-On-Chip Ball (grid array/packaging)
- Christian Outreach College Brisbane (Queensland, Australia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The House Committee on Child Abuse and Neglect also wants to increase penalties for failing to report child abuse, more training and education for social workers, and public hearings for end-of-life decisions of children under Department of Social Services care.