The UN Committee on the Peaceful Uses of Outer Space (COPUOS) might be an alternate forum to address arms control in space.
What does COPUOS stand for?
COPUOS stands for Committee On the Peaceful Uses of Outer Space
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of COPUOS in our Acronym Attic
- Corporate Office Properties Trust (Columbia, MD)
- Council on Police Training (Delaware)
- Conference of Postal and Telecommunications Administrations of Central Africa
- City of Plymouth Training and Employment (UK)
- Caucus on Part-Time Employment Concerns
- Consistent Policy Table Update Algorithm
- Cash on Pick-Up
- China OSS (Open Source Software) Promotion Union (est. 2004; Beijing, China)
- Committee on Public Undertakings (Indian parliament)
- Colorado Public Utilities Commission
- Committee on the Public Understanding of Science
- Canine Oral Papillomavirus
- Center of Pressure Velocity
- Composite Overwrap Pressure Vessel
- Congregation of Puritan Values (non-profit Christian organization)
- Childhood Obesity Prevention Workgroup (Michigan)
- Committee of Professional Women (Los Angeles Philharmonic; Los Angeles, CA)
- Committee on Pediatric Workforce (American Academy of Pediatrics)
- Complete Orthogonalized Plane Wave
- Consumer and Oil Price Watch
Samples in periodicals archive:
The UN committee on the peaceful uses of outer space has published the first of a series of reports following a December resolution from the UN general assembly to consider the problem.
00 Paperback QB500 This annual publication has been compiled from reports prepared for the United Nations Committee on the Peaceful Uses of Outer Space.
Jill Tarter, who directs the SETI Institute's observing program and is Vakoch's boss, has briefed the United Nations Committee on the Peaceful Uses of Outer Space on the need to develop a second protocol on how and whether to reply to a signal.