THE COMMITTEE Against Bird Slaughter (CABS) was in Cyprus for the third autumn in succession in its ongoing campaign to stop illegal bird-trapping.
What does CABS stand for?
CABS stands for Committee Against Bird Slaughter (Bonn, Germany)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CABS
We have 63 other meanings of CABS in our Acronym Attic
- Center for Applied Biodiversity Science
- Centralized Automatic Billing System
- Centre for Air Borne Systems (India)
- Centro Acadêmico Bernardo Sayão (Brasil)
- Centro Acadêmico Bernardo Sayão (Portugese: Unicamp's Student Organization)
- Child and Babysitting Safety (course; various organizations)
- Cockpit Air Bag System (helicopter safety system)
- Collaboration of Agent-Based Systems (DARPA software)
- Columbus Area Boardgaming Society (Ohio)
- Command Automated Budget System
- Common Approach to Budget Support
- Computer-Aided Business Simulation
- Consolidated Ammunition Bulk Shipper
- Consumer Action Program of Bedford-Stuyvesant
- Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery
- Current Awareness in Biological Sciences
- lomustine, doxorubicin, bleomycin, and streptozocin (treatment of advanced-stage Hodgkin's disease)
- Canadian Alliance for Business in South Africa
- Christian AIDS Bureau for Southern Africa
- Capacity Building and Small Activity Facility
Samples in periodicals archive:
Members of the German-based Committee Against Bird Slaughter (CABS) say they had been conducting anti poaching patrols near Ormidhia, when two of their volunteers were ambushed by men who allegedly attacked and struck them repeatedly with metal poles.
On Saturday, members of the Committee Against Bird Slaughter (CABS) said they were left without state assistance during an investigation and called for patrols to be more strictly monitored by authorities.
Members of the Committee Against Bird Slaughter (CABS) have blasted local authorities after being left without assistance after the incident in the south east over Friday night.
Activists from the Committee Against Bird Slaughter (CABS) are back in Cyprus, pledging to take direct action such as locating, removing and destroying limesticks, mist nets and electronic bird lures.
THE COMMITTEE Against Bird Slaughter (CABS) and Friends of the Earth Cyprus are launching a new joint campaign against poaching in the Republic, aiming to promote the effective implementation of Cypriot and European poaching legislation, by exposing and opposing the non-selective trapping and killing of migrant and resident birds on the island.
A day after the Committee Against Bird Slaughter (CABS), an international group of activists said some 200,000 birds had been slaughtered in the south east of the island in the space of three months, BirdLife Cyprus yesterday said the island has a very bad name abroad.