The Cuban-born official (profiled in our February 2007 issue) was also co-chair of the Commission for Assistance to a Free Cuba.
What does CAFC stand for?
CAFC stands for Commission for Assistance to a Free Cuba
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CAFC
We have 21 other meanings of CAFC in our Acronym Attic
- Columbus Air Force Base (Mississippi)
- Creech Air Force Base (Nevada)
- Ceramic Filled Anaerobic Fixed Bed Reactor
- Canada Firearms Centre
- Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre
- Canadian Association of Fire Chiefs
- Centre Associatif pour Famille en Crise (French: Association Center for Families in Crisis)
- Cercle Amicale Français de Casablanca (French: Casablanca French Friendship Circle; Casablanca, Morocco)
- Charlton Athletic Football Club (UK)
- Cobblestone Area-Forming Cell
- Corporate Average Fuel Consumption
- Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- Crédit Agricole de Franche-Comté (French: Franche-Comté Agricultural Bank; Franche-Comté, France)
- Crewe Alexandra Football Club
- US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- Center for Air Force C2 Systems (MITRE)
- Campaign Against Foreign Control of Aotearoa (New Zealand)
- Centro de Antropología Forense y Ciencias Aplicada (Centre of Forensic Anthropology and Applied Sciences)
- Child and Family Counselling Association (Canada)
- Communities and Families Clearinghouse Australia (Australian Institute of Family Studies)
Samples in periodicals archive:
McCarry was put in charge of the Commission for Assistance to a Free Cuba and was empowered to help determine the direction of U.
A presidential Commission for Assistance to a Free Cuba recommended tightening the embargo by better enforcing existing sanctions against the island, including those against companies that supply oil, nickel, tobacco and rum, and by better preventing avoidance of the embargo by those who operate through a third country.
It says the Bush administration changed Clinton's "people-to-people" policy--which aimed to foster greater contacts between Americans and Cubans--because a report by the Commission for Assistance to a Free Cuba "emphasized the extreme importance of tourism revenues to the Castro regime.
Among the biggest is the 1996 Helms-Burton Act, which, like the Commission for Assistance to a Free Cuba, links the lifting of sanctions on a series of tough conditions for Cuba.
11--two weeks before Fidel ceded power to his brother Raul--coincided with release of the second report of the bipartisan Commission for Assistance to a Free Cuba.
9 that the President's Commission for Assistance to a Free Cuba will issue recommendations by May 1, 2004, for bringing a "peaceful, near-term end" to the Castro regime.