After the successful Desert Storm campaign, the concept of the theater commander, Air Force forces / joint force air component commander (COMAFFOR/JFACC) became codified in joint and service doctrine.
What does COMAFFOR stand for?
COMAFFOR stands for Commander, Air Force Forces
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Common Accident
- Coordinate Modal Assurance Criterion
- Commander, Air Combat Command
- Commission on Accreditation in Clinical Chemistry
- Communication Accessories Ltd
- College of Marketing and Design (Dublin, Ireland)
- College of Media Arts Design (Drexel University; Philadelphia, PA)
- Conference on Management of Data
- Coalition Malienne des Droits de l'Enfant (French: Malian Coalition for the Rights of the Child)
- Commander, Allied Forces Central Europe
- Commander Air Force - Computer Network Operations
- Commander Afloat Training Group
- Commander, Air Force Office of Special Investigations
- Computer Aided Flight Recording and Analysis
- Commander, Air Force Special Operations Command (US DoD)
- Commander, Air Force Special Operations Forces
- Commander, Australian Force Vietnam
- Control of Major Accident Hazards (UK regulations which implement the European Seveso II Directive)
- Command Maintenance
- Commandant de l'Armee de l'Air
Samples in periodicals archive:
In Korea the CFACC is also the commander, Air Force forces and thus retains OPCON over USAF service component forces.
Some discussion remains familiar, such as the basic structure of the air and space expeditionary task force (AETF) and the roles of the commander, Air Force forces (COMAFFOR) as well as the joint force air and space component commander.