This allows USTRANSCOM to know when shipments arrive and depart these ports, and this information is fed to USTRANSCOM's Global Transportation Network, an automated command and control information system that provides an integrated system of intransit visibility information and command and control capabilities.
What does C2IS stand for?
C2IS stands for Command and Control Information System
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of C2IS
- Command and Control Integration Division
- Command and Control Interface Design Document
- Command & Control Information Exchange Data Model
- Command & Control Integration Language
- Command and Control, Incident Management, and Emergency Response Application
- Command and Control Initiatives Program (DoD)
- Command and Control Information Processing System (US DoD)
- Command and Control Integrated Planning System
- Command & Control Information Retrieval System
- C2 Information Systems
- Command, Control, & Information Systems
- Command & Control Information Systems Management Office
- Command and Control, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance
- Compliance 2000
- Connect to the Kingdom (Texas)
- Cross to Kingdom (band)
- Carbon-to-Liquids Development Center (Southern Research Institute; Durham, NC)
- Challenge to Learn
- Command and Control Lexical Grammar (military language)
- Choose To Move (American Heart Association physical activity program)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Baltic Command and Control Information System (BALTCCIS) is being developed by the German Air Force as part of its bilateral co-operation with countries that might join NATO in the future, in this case Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania.
Components include voice, message and data communications, military command and control information systems, air and naval mission planning systems, air defense systems and automated collaborative planning tools to promote international cooperation in coalition operations.