This information is sent back to the control and command server in encoded format as part of all HTTP requests and is used by the attackers to keep track of individually infected machines.
What does CMDSVR stand for?
CMDSVR stands for Command Server (RSS & AT&T)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Counter-Measures Dispenser System
- Cruise Missile Defense System
- College Mar Doumit des Soeurs Antonines
- Communication Management and Design Student Association
- COMSEC Materiel Direct Support Activity
- Corporación Municipal del Desarrollo Social de Antofagasta
- Certified MDS Coordinator
- Certified Mail & Distribution Systems Manager
- Credentialed Mobile Device Security Professional (certification)
- Central Mississippi Down Syndrome Society
- Certified Master Dental Technician
- Combined Manual and Decision Task (engineering)
- Compagnie Malienne Des Textiles (French: Malian Textile Company)
- Compagnie Malienne pour le Developpement des Textiles (Mali)
- Company for the Development of Textiles (Mali)
- Current Medical Diagnosis & Treatment
- Carrefour des Musiques et Danses Traditionnelles en Aquitaine (French: Crossroads of Traditional Music and Dance in Aquitaine)
- Continuous Memory Diagnostic Trouble Code
- Concord Mt. Diablo Trail Ride Association (California)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The hackers could control the computer's operation or take information from it from command servers in other countries.
Computers infected with malware are typically programmed to reach out on the Internet to get updated orders from command servers controlled by hackers.
These servers would be networked to a command server that would oversee data collection over the network.
These devices included the Regiment's entire suite of ABC systems, more than 100 Voice over Internet Protocol telephones, seventeen CPOF terminals, a multitude of Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol NIPR and SIPR terminals, a Regimental Common Ground Station, two Battlefield Video- Teleconferencing Center suites, and the full suite of Regimental Battle Command Servers.