noon, Room 1A08: "CBLDF: The History of Comics Censorship": Charles Brownstein, director of the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund, walks through the history of comics censorship, from the Comics Code Authority in the 1950s onward.
What does CBLDF stand for?
CBLDF stands for Comic Book Legal Defense Fund
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Companhia Brasileira de Liquidacao e Custodia (Portugese)
- Computer-Based Learning Centre
- Constitution and By-Laws Committee
- Council of Black Led Churches (est. 1988; Birmingham, UK)
- Conseil Belgo-Luxembourgeois des Centres Commerciaux (French: Belgo-Luxembourg Council of Shopping Centers; Belgium)
- Cincinnati Bell Long Distance (Ohio)
- Complex Business Litigation Division (Florida)
- Cooperative Board Leadership Development (training program)
- Curb Box Locking Device
- Centre-Based Long Day Care (Australia)
- Case-Based Learning Experience (employee training)
- Centre for Biomembranes and Lipid Enzymology (Netherlands)
- Component-Based Learning Environment (psychology)
- Customs Broker License Exam
- Customs Broker Licensure Examination
- Canadian Banks Law Enforcement Awards
- Columbia Basin Law Enforcement Council (Oregon; est. 1979)
- Canadian Braille Literacy Foundation (Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
- Carbon Based Life Form (human being)
- Carbon Based Lifeform (band)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The American Booksellers Foundation for Free Expression, the Association of American Publishers, the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund and others filed a federal lawsuit in July challenging the new law.
In late 2002 the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund, which fights for comic sellers' and creators' legal rights, filed an appeal in the U.
The Comic Book Legal Defense Fund has paid out $10,000 for Diana's legal costs, and Luke Lirot is preparing to have the case tried in the District Court of Appeals.
The plaintiffs include the American Civil Liberties Union of Massachusetts, the Association of American Publishers, the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund and other groups.