However, there are also factors that decrease the probability of ovarian cancer, for example women who have been on the combined oral contraceptive pill for five years or more, women who have had their fallopian tubes surgically tied, and women who had children at a young age.
What does COCP stand for?
COCP stands for Combined Oral Contraceptive Pill
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of COCP
We have 12 other meanings of COCP in our Acronym Attic
- Community Collaborative Rain, Hail & Snow Network
- Colorado Coalition of Reason
- Collaborative Collection Management Project for Russian and East European Studies
- Coptic Orthodox Community Outreach Service (Campsie, New South Wales, Australia)
- Corona Oxide Characterization Of Semiconductors
- Customer Owned Coin Operated Telephone
- Constructive Commercial Off-The-Shelf
- Constructive Commercial Off-the-Shelf Cost Model (software engineering)
- Customer Owned Coin Operated Telephone System
- Charter Oak Capital Partners (Westport, CT)
- Commission on Child Protection
- Constrained Optimal Control Problem
- Cornwall Online Census Project (genealogy; UK)
- Customer Order Control Point
- Central Ontario Crime Prevention Association (Canada)
- Continuum of Care Planning Council (Tarrant County Homeless Association; Texas)
- Commission on Continuing Professional Development (American Academy of Family Physicians; Leawood, KS)
- Council on the Cost and Quality of Government (Australia)
- Central Ohio Competition Riders
- Cobalt Chrome (Alloy)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Washington, Feb 7 ( ANI ): Women who use combined oral contraceptive pill suffer less severe pain compared with women who do not use it, a new study has revealed.
Scientists say they now have "convincing evidence" the combined oral contraceptive pill alleviates symptoms of painful menstrual periods.
Using a similar train of logic, the suit called for the prohibition of many other fertility control methods, including the copper-T IUD and combined oral contraceptive pills that contain levonorgestrel and estrogen.
Sexual health charity FPA in the UK has issued an updated leaflet, available also on their website, on the combined oral contraceptive pill, which contains straightfoward information on how to take the pill, its advantages and disadvantages, risks, what women should do if they miss one or more pills, withdrawal bleeding and signs of pregnancy.
Byline: CLAIRE ROBERTS I'D been on the combined oral contraceptive pill for 10 years when I decided last November that it was time to give my body a break.
They said: "Our aim must be that no woman concurrently taking the combined oral contraceptive pill and broad spectrum antibiotics should be in any doubt as to what the correct options are in relation to contraception.