Similarly, the Combined DNA Index System (CODIS) Core Loci working Group in the USA recommended expanding the required minimal core loci for the database from 13 autosomal STR loci to 19, with 3 optional loci and 1 Y-chromosome marker also specified.
What does CODIS stand for?
CODIS stands for Combined DNA Index System (US FBI)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CODIS
We have 2 other meanings of CODIS in our Acronym Attic
- Cost of Deposit Index (mortgage adjustment index)
- Customers of Dynix, Inc. (user group)
- Cooperative Distributed Interactive Atmospheric Catalog
- Concurrent Development, Integration, and Application of Knowledge
- Complex Documents Indexing by Content Exploitation (archive project)
- Center on Deafness - Inland Empire (Riverside, CA)
- Composition and Distribution Function (analyzer)
- Children of Divorce Intervention Program
- Components for Ontology Driven Information Push
- Centre Opérationnel d'Incendie et de Secours (French: Operational Fire and Rescue Center)
- Convicted Offender DNA Index System
- Compañía Distribuidora Sociedad Anónima (Spanish: Distribution Comany; Guatemala)
- Compañía Colombiana de Discos SA (Colombia)
- Comercial Distribuidora de Papel Sociedad Anónima (Guatemala)
- Comisión contra la Discriminación y Racismo (Spanish: Commission against Discrimination and Racism)
- Coimbatore District Small Industries Association
- Code-Division Testbed
- Compact Diagnostic Test (various locations)
- Compartmentalization of Decay in Trees
- Canadian Online Disc Jockey Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
Garden's DNA profile, which was in the CODIS, or Combined DNA Index System database, matched a genetic profile derived from forensic samples recovered as part of the rape investigation.
The FBI's Combined DNA Index System is a computer program that allows forensic laboratories at the national, state and local levels to compare samples.
FBI CODIS: Combined DNA Index System website, Available from http://wwwfbi.
These DNA samples are used to create computerized searchable "profiles" in the FBI's Combined DNA Index System, which contains nearly 2.
Combined DNA Index System Unit The Combined DNA Index System (CODIS) Unit directs and manages the CODIS Program and operates the National DNA Index System (NDIS).