Byline: The Register-Guard In a move that acknowledges the massive mental strains of fighting simultaneous wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, President Obama has decided to send condolence letters to the families of military service members who commit suicide in a combat zone.
What does COMZ stand for?
COMZ stands for Combat Zone
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of COMZ
- Commonwealth Veterinary Emergency Plan
- Consequence Management Virtual University
- Centralny Osrodek Metrologii Wojskowej (Polish: Central Military Metrology Centre; Warsaw, Poland)
- Committee of the Whole (legislative device)
- Cancer Outcomes Measurement Working Group (National Cancer Institute)
- Combat Wear Integration
- Carry on My Wayward Son
- Check Out My Web Site
- Catechol O Methyltransferase
- Conference of Messianic Yisrael (religious association)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Will the emergency rooms turn into karate combat zone if a few doctors and patients decide to exchange punches?
An enlisted Soldier who went to a combat zone in January and served a full 12-month tour would get a W-2 for the year showing zero earned income.
Also, withdrawing the money before leaving the combat zone is not authorized, unless there is an emergency.
Service members will have the option of including their nontaxable combat zone compensation on their 2007 or 2008 federal income tax returns if it will assist them in gaining eligibility for the Stimulus Act rebate.
Then there are those politicians who no longer want our people to be in a combat zone.