Personnel recovery is an Air Force core function that incorporates combat search and rescue and medical evacuation.
What does CSAR stand for?
CSAR stands for Combat Search And Rescue
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of CSAR
We have 53 other meanings of CSAR in our Acronym Attic
- Cell Segmentation and Reassembly (Cisco)
- Center for Scientific Anomalies Research
- Center for Soil and Agroclimate Research
- Center for Substance Abuse Research
- Centralized System for Analysis and Reporting
- Centre for Sustainable Aquaculture Research (UK)
- Channel System Address Register
- Chilliwack Search and Rescue
- Circular Synthetic Aperture Radar
- Coherent Synthetic Aperture Radar
- Component Stress Analysis Review
- Computer Services for Academic Research
- Configuration Status Accounting Report
- Controlled Substance Administration Records (narcotics)
- Critical Safety Analysis Report
- Combat Support Agency Responsiveness and Readiness Report (US DoD)
- Classification Societies and Regulatory Bodies
- Consortium for Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education
- Community Sanitation And Recycling Organization (Phnom Penh, Cambodia)
- Cooperative Severe Accident Research Program (US Nuclear Regulatory Commission)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The wing's primary wartime job is combat search and rescue.
The Air Force is preparing to award a contract worth as much as $500 million over the next five years to provide training for its combat search and rescue personnel.
The exercise offers realistic combat training that prepares units for deployments, including training for the suppression of enemy air defenses, air to air combat, close air support, combat search and rescue, and time sensitive large force strikes.
WASHINGTON -- An aging fleet of combat search and rescue helicopters is leading Air Force officials on a quest for a new personnel recovery vehicle.