Special Operations Command, came together for a two-week exercise in June focused on combat identification for ground target engagement by coalition aircraft--especially those tools developed for aircrew and ground controllers to enable them to coordinate attacks or drop bombs on targets more quickly and effectively than they can today.
What does CID stand for?
CID stands for Combat Identification
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of CID
We have 320 other meanings of CID in our Acronym Attic
- Civil Investigation Demand (US Department of Justice)
- Civilian Intelligence Division
- Client Identifying Data (computer security)
- Client Information Database
- Client Interface Device
- Clinical Infectious Disease (journal)
- Club Informatique Domontois (French computer club)
- Cognitive-Based Information Design (graphic design)
- Collège Interarmées de Défense (French: Interarmed Forces Defence College, France)
- Collision Induced Dissociation
- Combat Integration Division
- Combat Intelligence Database
- Combat Intelligence Division (US DoD)
- Combined Immunodeficiency Disease
- Combined Immunological Deficiency
- Command Information Division
- Commanders Integrated Display
- Commanders Intelligent Display
- Commercial Importation Distribution (France)
- Commercial Item Description
Samples in periodicals archive:
That's why both you and your vehicle need the protection of the Joint Combat Identification Marking System (JCIMS).
mil USJFCOM lead agency to investigate, assess, and improve integration, interoperability, and operational effectiveness of Joint Fires and Combat Identification across the Joint warfighting spectrum.
This time, however, the gunfire was simulated--and the Marines were equipped with the newest combat identification technologies that are being evaluated by the U.
He added: 'Regardless of thorough training, careful planning, excellent night vision equipment and combat identification measures, in the type of operation in which we were engaged, and in the heat of battle, there is always a risk that incidents such as this may occur.
``It is unsatisfactory that the department has made such slow progress in developing combat identification solutions to the risks of friendly fire.