Color image quantization or simply color quantization, is a form of image compression which reduces the number of colors used in an image while maintaining, as much as possible, the appearance of the original.
What does CIQ stand for?
CIQ stands for Color Image Quantization (algorithm)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CIQ
We have 18 other meanings of CIQ in our Acronym Attic
- Creating an Interprofessional Workforce (Department of Health; UK)
- Cross, Iddings, Pirsson and Washington (geology; rock classification system invented by those four individuals)
- Connecticut Invasive Plant Working Group
- Critical Infrastructure Protection Working Group
- Center for Innovative Practices for Young Children (Indiana University Institute on Disability and Community)
- Calls in Queue (call center)
- Car Insurance Quote
- Case In Question
- China Inspection and Quarantine
- Chiquimula, Guatemala (Airport code)
- Community Integration Questionnaire
- Conflict of Interest Questionnaire (Texas)
- Conseil Interprofessionnel du Québec (French: Quebec Interprofessional Council; Quebec, Canada; est. 1965)
- Coopérative des Inséminateurs du Québec
- Customer Information Quality
- Customer Information Questionnaire
- Customs, Immigration and Quarantine
- Center for Improving Qualified Activity in Life (Asia; program aiding people with disabilities)
- Car Insurance Quote Index
- Continuous Intravenous Quinidine Infusion (cardiology)
Samples in periodicals archive:
A color image quantization algorithm based on Particle Swarm Optimization (PSO) is developed in this paper.