The type the vicar was worried expresses a less permanent property than the type the vicar was a worried man (examples from Collins Cobuild 1990: 54-55).
What does CCEU stand for?
CCEU stands for Collins COBUILD (Collins Birmingham University Language Database) English Usage (grammar book)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of CCEU
We have 2 other meanings of CCEU in our Acronym Attic
- Cornell Cooperative Extension of Tompkins County (Cornell University, NY)
- Cape Cod Emergency Traffic Plan (Boston, MA)
- Chicago Collaborative for Excellence in Teacher Preparation (est. 1997; Chicago, IL)
- Canon Collins Educational Trust for Southern Africa (UK)
- Central Council for Education and Training in Social Work
- Caribbean Centre of Excellence for Teacher Training (Belize)
- Centre Commun d'Etudes Detélédiffusion et de Télécommunications (France Telecom)
- Connecticut Center for Educational and Training Technologies
- Cabinet Committee for the Economic Union
- Carter Center of Emory University (Atlanta, GA)
- Continuing Coach Education Unit
- Cornell Cooperative Extension of Ulster County (Kingston, NY)
- Coordinating Council of Employers' Unions of Russia (est. 1994; Russia)
- Council of Employers Unions of Russia
- Control Center Experimental Version
- Catholic Charities of Eastern Virginia
- Common Criteria Evaluation & Validation Scheme (National Information Assurance Partnership)
- Cedar Creek Experimental Watershed (Indiana)
- Center for the Creation of Economic Wealth (University of Oklahoma)
- Community Care East York (est. 1985; Ontario, Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The corpus-based English monolinguistic dictionaries, for example, Collins COBUILD English Language Dictionary (1987) and Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English (1995), include the appropriate semantic prosodic feature of rife.
LDOCE1 (1978), LDOCE2 (1987) and LDOCE3 (1995), the Collins COBUILD English language dictionary (1987, henceforward COBUILD 1), the Collins COBUILD English dictionary (1995, henceforth COBUILD2) and the Cambridge international dictionary of English (1995, hereafter CIDE).
The data-base The publication of Collins COBUILD English Collocations on CD-ROM (Cobuild 1995a) provides a huge data-base for investigating the collocational behaviour of the core vocabulary of English.