ARTICLE INFO Keywords: Rheumatoid arthritis Collagen-induced arthritis Kirenol Herba Siegesbeckiae T cell Immunosuppression ABSTRACT Rheumatoid arthritis is characterized by the imbalance of T cells, which leads to increased pro-inflammatory and reduced anti-inflammatory cytokines.
What does CIA stand for?
CIA stands for Collagen-Induced Arthritis
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CIA
We have 544 other meanings of CIA in our Acronym Attic
- Clay in Action (Aims Community College, Colorado pottery club)
- Cleveland Institute of Art
- Client Intervention and Assistance (Canada)
- Clinical Interventions in Aging
- Clinical Investigator Agreement
- cloud interstitial aerosol
- Club Informatique Alternatif (French: Alternative Computer Club)
- Club Informatique et Architecture (French: Computer and Architecture Club)
- Cobb Institute of Archeology
- Coleambally Irrigation Area
- Collegium Internationale Allergologicum (Milwaukee, WI, USA)
- Colorado Institute of Art
- Combat Infantrymen's Association (Boynton Beach, Florida)
- Commandos in Action (gaming clan)
- Commercial Industrial Agricultural
- Commission Internationale d'Aerostation (FAI Ballooning Commission)
- Commission of Internal Affairs
- Commissioner of Indian Affairs
- Common Iliac Artery
- Common Interface Arrangement
Samples in periodicals archive:
Type II collagen oral tolerance; mechanism and role in collagen-induced arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
from the Brighton and Sussex Medical School (BSMS) in the UK found that treatment with fluoxetine and citalopram, which are available under the trade name Prozac and Celexa respectively, significantly inhibited disease progression of collagen-induced arthritis (CIA) in mice.
Disease progression was blocked by treatment with 2ME2 based on quantitative histological analyses of tissue from a collagen-induced arthritis model.
We have previously demonstrated that dietary boron (B) supplementation was able to prevent the onset of, and ameliorate ongoing, collagen-induced arthritis, as well as significantly reduce the incidence of experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis, suggesting that Boron has anti-inflammatory properties.
In his rat studies of collagen-induced arthritis, a preclinical model for rheumatoid arthritis, combination therapy including paclitaxel has exhibited true synergistic benefit.
Similarly, in a mouse model of collagen-induced arthritis, soluble TACI receptor was able to inhibit the development of collagen-specific antibodies and the incidence of disease.