Dextral motion between the Avalon and Meguma terranes along the Cobequid-Chedabucto fault system is inferred to have caused basin inversion and deformed to varying degrees the older basin fill (Calder 1998).
What does CCFS stand for?
CCFS stands for Cobequid-Chedabucto Fault System
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CCFS
We have 26 other meanings of CCFS in our Acronym Attic
- Camden & Chorleywood Food Research Association (UK)
- Clinton County Family Resource Center (Michigan)
- Clark's Classic Fly Rod Forum
- Centrifugally Cast, Fiberglass-Reinforced, Polymer Mortar
- Certain Carbon Flat-Rolled Steel
- Center for Child and Family Studies (various locations)
- Center for Cost and Financing Studies
- Certified Computer Forensic Specialist
- Chevy Chase Financial Services (banking)
- Colorado Citizens for Science
- Cours de Civilisation Française de la Sorbonne (French language and civilization course; education)
- Connecticut Council of Family Service Agencies, Inc. (Wethersfield, CT)
- Central Committee for Flood and Storm Control
- Creve Coeur Figure Skating Club (Creve Coeur, MO)
- Christian Community Foundation of South Florida (financial/donation counseling)
- Central Council for Financial Services Information (Japan)
- Center for Cold-Formed Steel Structures (Missouri University of Science and Technology; Rolla, MO)
- Community College Faculty Survey of Student Engagement (Austin, TX)
- Consumer Choice, Food Standards and Special Projects Division (Food Standards Agency; London, England, UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In mainland Nova Scotia, the basin-fill sequence rests on rocks of both the Meguma and Avalon terranes, which were brought into juxtaposition along the Cobequid-Chedabucto fault system during the Devonian.
Mineral occurrences along the Cobequid-Chedabucto fault system, Nova Scotia.