The plaintiffs to the suit allege that the two recalled Stryker hip stems at issue, containing a titanium coating, when connected to the cobalt chrome neck and taper of the device, cause a corrosive metallic process resulting in the shedding of cobalt, chromium and other toxic metal ions at high levels which can injure tissues, muscle, nerve and bones around the device, and fail years earlier than expected, necessitating risky revision surgery.
What does COCR stand for?
COCR stands for Cobalt Chrome (Alloy)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of COCR
We have 6 other meanings of COCR in our Acronym Attic
- Combined Oral Contraceptive Pill
- Commission on Child Protection
- Constrained Optimal Control Problem
- Cornwall Online Census Project (genealogy; UK)
- Customer Order Control Point
- Central Ontario Crime Prevention Association (Canada)
- Continuum of Care Planning Council (Tarrant County Homeless Association; Texas)
- Commission on Continuing Professional Development (American Academy of Family Physicians; Leawood, KS)
- Council on the Cost and Quality of Government (Australia)
- Central Ohio Competition Riders
- Common Outage Capacity Region
- Council of Chapter Representative (nursing)
- California Official Court Reporters Association
- Central Ohio Carpetball Society
- Centro de Operações do Comando Supremo (Supreme Commander Operations Center, Brazil)
- City of College Station (Texas)
- Coalition of On-Campus Smokers (University of Oregon; Eugene, OR)
- Conference on Organizational Computing Systems (ACM)
- Copy Object Code to Source (computing)
- Cost of Community Services (fiscal impact analyses)
Samples in periodicals archive:
GPI offers six material choices for DMLS including stainless steel, titanium, cobalt chrome, managing steel, and nickel alloy.
Sandvik already manufactures medical equipment out of high-alloy materials, titanium and cobalt chrome, and said the acquisition would enhance its competitive edge in the market.
The new BLAZE belts have turned out more parts by significantly outlasting the current generation of performance belts, grinding stainless steel, iconel-sometimes with HIP (hot isostatic processing)-and carbon steel, as well as cobalt chrome.
Complex inorganic color pigments include cobalt aluminate blues, cobalt chrome aluminate turquoises, cobalt titanate greens, nickel titanate yellows, chrome titanate buffs, iron titanate browns, iron-free titanate browns, copper chromite blacks, IR reflective blacks, cobalt violets, and manganese violets, all supplied as dry powder.
McMinn, who sold his company to Smith & Nephew and is now a consultant, explained that the Birmingham device consists of an acetabular cup component made of high carbon cobalt chrome with a hydroxyapatite coating, and a femoral head component also made of high carbon cobalt chrome.
Until now, knee joints have been made up of plastic and cobalt chrome.